Implementing sustainable mobility
In an attempt to tackle increasing congestion and pollution, the city of Lahore was already making efforts to market its public transport system. However, passenger confidence could only be improved by making changes to the public transport infrastructure with new design & models in order to enhance the image of the system and improve security & safety.
The objective of the measure was therefore to attract people to use the public transport service by creating optimized and user-friendly infrastructure, including bus stop shelters, Flag Posts sign and a better maintenance team.
Objectives of Bus shelters
- To provide the protection to passengers from Sun, storm in Summer Season and safe place in rainy season.
- To facilitate the people of Lahore with improved urban Transport Infrastructure.
- It will ease out the Passengers / Urban public and reduce pollution within urban area.
- To strengthen the link between transit and communities.
- Significant fuel saving of public in case of uses of urban transport.
- It is a designated place where buses stop for passengers to board or alight from a bus and prevent passengers from trying to board or alight in hazardous situations such as at intersections or turning and is not using the curb lane.
Maintenance /cleaning/ illumination of Bus shelters
- Renovation of existing sheds will add value to durability and LTC assets.
- LTC Maintenance /cleaning Team is deputed to keep well maintained and cleaned the shelters on daily bases.
- LTC Night Field Team is deputed to keep illuminate all new shelters on daily bases.
- Separate Maintenance teams deputed to identify the defects / any accidental damages of sheds for timely rectification.
Objectives of Flag Post
- To facilitate the people of Lahore with improved and urban Transport Infrastructure to provide information of Route number. It provides commuters information regarding Bus stop name.
- To require for driver recognition.
- It will provide next and previous Bus stop name.
- Flag Posts prevent passengers from trying to board or alight in hazardous situations such as at intersections or where a bus is turning and is not using the curb lane.